Nationalities Service Center’s Legal Department provides legal information, advice and representation to low-income clients on a wide range of immigration issues. The Legal staff helps with everything from basic applications to representing immigrants and refugees in federal court. The Department’s services include:
- Family reunification
- Removal/deportation defense
- Domestic violence cases
- Lawful Permanent Residence (“green card”) applications
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Asylum applications
Eligibility and access:
In order to receive legal services at Nationalities Service Center (NSC), you must first attend an initial consultation. The consultations will be limited to the first eight people to arrive during walk-in hours.
Walk-in hours for initial consultations:
Mondays, Consultations start at 4 p.m.
Wednesdays, Consultations start at 8:30 a.m.
Consultations limited to the first 6 clients to arrive during walk-in hours.
Fees - There is a $50 initial consultation fee for legal services.
All information received from a client is strictly confidential. Your information will not be released to any third party without your express consent.
Legal Services News
- NOTICE: Walk-in Legal Consultations Suspended Next Week (April 2, 2014)
- Thanksgiving Rally on 11/26 (November 22, 2013)
- A Son’s Struggle to Save His Mother – Across Two Continents (May 23, 2013)
- PA United for Immigration Reform (March 8, 2013)
- National Human Trafficking Resource Hotline Act! (October 19, 2012)